Private Training + Concealed Carry Package
The best training package available for first time shooters or those looking to get serious about PROPER training but prefer a ONE-ON-ONE instructional model.
THREE HOURS PRIVATE TRAINING ($240 value!)
you will learn...
- the universal safety rules for safe gun handling
- proper range etiquette
- the fundamentals of pistol shooting (aim, grip, stance, trigger control, etc)
- how to correct common shooting errors
- pistol maintenance
- how to select a pistol that is right for you
- additional instruction that will address your personal goals/needs
- future access to your instructor for consultation/advice
Once you are more comfortable with your skills, you can then participate in the Concealed Carry class!
CONCEALED CARRY ($90 value)
you will learn...
- the importance of carrying and using a handgun responsibly and ethically for self defense outside of the home
- how the three fundamental rules for safe gun handling apply when carrying or using a concealed handgun outside the home
- the importance of mental preparation and developing the proper mindset for carrying and using a handgun for personal protection and facing a life-threatening encounter outside the home
- techniques for avoiding life-threatening confrontations outside the home
- techniques for controlling and responding to a violent encounter outside the home
- the emotional, legal and social aftermath of a defensive shooting outside the home
- the various handgun concealed carry modes and the benefits and limitations of each
- the basic principles of handgun concealment as they relate to the carrying of a handgun for self-defense outside the home
A WRITTEN EXAMINATION WILL BE GIVEN.
LIVE FIRE QUALIFICATION: Using your preferred pistol and stance, shoot 30 rounds at a standard B-27 silhouette target. You must score 70% to pass. If you don’t pass, you may re-shoot until you do. The course of fire is as follows: Shoot 6 rounds with the target at 9 feet Shoot 12 rounds with the target at 15 feet Shoot 12 rounds with the target at 21 feet
Once you have made your purchase, we will contact you to schedule your private training sessions and CCW class.
What do I need?
Please note that ALL of the equipment required for shooting is available for loan/rent/purchase at the range. The list below is provided for those who wish to bring their own. However, it is recommended that if you do have access to any of the items below, you bring it to the class.
FOR PRIVATE TRAINING
- At least one pistol (any caliber). If you do not own a pistol please ask the instructor about rentals (included in cost of course, must purchase ammunition).
- AT LEAST 100 ROUNDS LIVE AMMUNITION: MUST NOT BE ARMOUR PIERCING, EXPLOSIVE, TRACER, INCENDIARY, STEELE OR ALUMINIUM CASED. Ammunition is available for purchase at the range (COVID19 may affect availability, please call range ahead or check with the list of suppliers below and let them know you have a class with Battle Born Personal Protection Training).
- Eye and Ear Protection (prescription eyeglasses are acceptable) rentals are available
- GUN CLEANING KIT, (universal or specific to your caliber handgun). Cleaning solvent/lubricant is provided.
- latex gloves, soft cloth/paper towels. (for gun cleaning)
- Notepad, pens, highlighters.
- At least one pistol (any caliber). If you do not own a pistol please ask the instructor about rentals.
- AT LEAST 50 ROUNDS LIVE AMMUNITION: MUST NOT BE ARMOUR PIERCING, EXPLOSIVE, TRACER, INCENDIARY, STEELE OR ALUMINIUM CASED. Ammunition is available at the range for purchase.
- Eye and Ear Protection (prescription eyeglasses are acceptable)
Ammunition and Equipment Retailers (let them know you have training with Battle Born Personal Protection Training)
Guns N Ammo (775) 783-1858 (Gardnerville)
11 Eleven Tactical (775) 622-8027 (Sparks)
Mark Fore and Strike (775) 322-9559 (Reno)
Willey Brothers (775) 853-2277 (Reno)
Sportmans Warehouse (775) 828-1500 (Reno)
Scheels (775) 331-2700 (Sparks)