Basic Pistol + Concealed Carry Package
The best training package available for first time shooters or those looking to get serious about PROPER training. Only FIVE (5) available at this price. See descriptions of classes below...
BASIC PISTOL ($140 value)This class emphasizes how to safely handle firearms and the importance of doing so!
you will learn...
- the parts of pistols, their actions and how they operate
- the universal safety rules for safe gun handling
- types of pistol ammunition, how to care for it and store it
- the five fundamentals of shooting a pistol
- pistol maintenance
- how to select a pistol that is right for you
- how to pursue pistol shooting activities and additional training
You also get...
- plenty of range time to get comfortable with applying the classroom instruction to your shooting and improve your skills - challenge yourself to achieve a higher marksmanship level!
- access to your instructor for future consultation regarding firearms related questions
- a full color NRA student handbook further detailing information taught during the class plus much more - YOURS TO KEEP AND TAKE HOME!
CONCEALED CARRY ($90 value)
you will learn...
- the importance of carrying and using a handgun responsibly and ethically for self defense outside of the home
- how the three fundamental rules for safe gun handling apply when carrying or using a concealed handgun outside the home
- the importance of mental preparation and developing the proper mindset for carrying and using a handgun for personal protection and facing a life-threatening encounter outside the home
- techniques for avoiding life-threatening confrontations outside the home
- techniques for controlling and responding to a violent encounter outside the home
- the emotional, legal and social aftermath of a defensive shooting outside the home
- the various handgun concealed carry modes and the benefits and limitations of each
- the basic principles of handgun concealment as they relate to the carrying of a handgun for self-defense outside the home
A WRITTEN EXAMINATION WILL BE GIVEN.
LIVE FIRE QUALIFICATION: Using your preferred pistol and stance, shoot 30 rounds at a standard B-27 silhouette target. You must score 70% to pass. If you don’t pass, you may re-shoot until you do. The course of fire is as follows: Shoot 6 rounds with the target at 9 feet Shoot 12 rounds with the target at 15 feet Shoot 12 rounds with the target at 21 feet
Once you have made your purchase, we will contact you for address information to send your gift certificate. It can be redeemed for any Concealed Carry and Basic Pistol class date that has available seating. Seats fill up fast, so don't wait!
What do I need?
Please note that ALL of the equipment required for shooting is available for rent/purchase at the range. The list below is provided for those who wish to bring their own. However, it is recommended that if you do have access to any of the items below, you bring it to the class.
FOR BASIC PISTOL
- At least one pistol (any caliber). If you do not own a pistol please ask the instructor about rentals (included in cost of course, must purchase ammunition).
- AT LEAST 100 ROUNDS LIVE AMMUNITION: MUST NOT BE ARMOUR PIERCING, EXPLOSIVE, TRACER, INCENDIARY, STEELE OR ALUMINIUM CASED. Ammunition is available for purchase at the range (COVID19 may affect availability, please call range ahead or check with the list of suppliers below and let them know you have a class with Battle Born Personal Protection Training).
- Eye and Ear Protection (prescription eyeglasses are acceptable) rentals are available
- GUN CLEANING KIT, (universal or specific to your caliber handgun). Cleaning solvent/lubricant is provided.
- latex gloves, soft cloth/paper towels. (for gun cleaning
- layered clothing...the room temperature may fluctuate
- Notepad, pens, highlighters
- Notepad, pens, highlighters.
- At least one pistol (any caliber). If you do not own a pistol please ask the instructor about rentals.
- AT LEAST 50 ROUNDS LIVE AMMUNITION: MUST NOT BE ARMOUR PIERCING, EXPLOSIVE, TRACER, INCENDIARY, STEELE OR ALUMINIUM CASED. Ammunition is available at the range for purchase.
- Eye and Ear Protection (prescription eyeglasses are acceptable)
Ammunition and Equipment Retailers
Mark Fore and Strike (775) 322-9559
11 Eleven Tactical (775) 622-8027
Willey Brothers (775) 853-2277
Sportmans Warehouse (775) 828-1500
Scheels (775) 331-2700